Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Yes, another Microsoft CRM blog

I have been working with Microsoft's CRM product since version 1.2. Over the years, I have been excited with each new release of the product and the capabilities provided to me as a customizer as well as to the businesses that use the software. In its current incarnation, version 4.0, CRM has become a very powerful relationship management tool. More than simply tracking customers and sales (essentially all you could do in v1.2), v4.0 is simply a convenient and easy-to-use interface for a relational database - and you can use this database to track any information your business needs. With this most recent version, the database aspects are, in my opinion, essentially complete - you can map out your data in almost any way you desire. The next version(s) of the product simply need to focus more on displaying and working with that data in even more ways to meet the needs of an even greater segment of the business world.

I am beginning to blog about CRM because I would like to document and share my experiences with the product, both from a business standpoint and from a technical perspective. I think Microsoft CRM is a fantastic product that can do almost anything, and I intend to prove it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment